Saturday, June 6, 2009

New Friends!

Today, I ventured to Hull, which is "down the cape".  Don't really know what that exactly means because I haven't looked at a map yet to find out where I went, but I'm assuming down the coast, kind of towards Cape Cod.  I met a couple of my classmates at school (after an hour commute) and one of them drove us to another classmate's beach house.  The beach we went to was very different from California (well, more specifically southern CA and SLO) beaches.  It was cold and the beach was rather rocky.  No warm sand to sink my feet into nor warm sun to soak up.  People did say it was a chilly day, so there might be a slight bit of hope for at least a warmer beach.  There were maybe fifteen of us there, so a good group to be familiar with when we start orientation on Monday.  It was fun!  And, one of my classmates said that he has outlined 200 pages of one of our textbooks already!  Wowsa!!!  Us others said, man, I read the introduction and I thought that was good!  :)  Kind of a far drive, but great to start to meet my new classmates.  Most, maybe half, of them today are from the Boston area, and the rest of us are from all over....Dallas, Portland, Ohio, Los Angeles, San Francisco (me--haha), Maine, and that's all I remember right now.  Then, I came home and Shirin and I had a Chicago style pizza in Porter Square at Uno's Pizzeria, which was super yummy.  

Some more random thoughts:

My favorite part of the ride on the red line is going over the Charles River and seeing the water, and especially seeing all the sailboats when they are out--there are lots of boats when they're out--maybe 15-20 sailboats and windsurfers, and then there are also motorized boats anchored down as well.  I just like to see the water and go across it.  :)  I actually saw an advertisement on the train for sailing lessons, which looked enticing.  (I'm really glad I still live next to water.)

I want to go on a duck tour--land and water!

I'm really excited that I'll be in Boston for the fourth of July. 

I want to go to the New England Aquarium.

I'm really excited to experience different seasons this year!  :)

An hour plus commute to school (and back) everyday does not sound like fun or enjoyable.

I can't believe I'm starting PT school so soon, but excited for all that I am going to learn in such a short time!

1 comment:

  1. just wait for that ride over the charles when the river is frozen!!! it's crazy!!

    p.s. how long is your commute taking you? is it because of the walking from your place? because from our house at davis square (15min walk to T) I think it only took Suzie and hour at most, depending on when she wanted to make the shuttle. I'm sure you can cut down your time a bit once you get the hang of it ;o) also, check to see where the closest bus stop is to your house...there should be one nearby that runs up to Porter--you'll love that when you're too tired/hot to walk! your monthly unlimted T pass works on the bus =)

    Can't wait to see you soon! :-D

    ReplyDelete