Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First Day of Anatomy Lab

Today was the day we met our cadavers.  My group has a woman and we cut open the thorax (chest) today.  The other members of our group came in half way into the lab time and should have opened up the thoracic cavity after we left.  I'll find out Thursday!  Pretty interesting day, although a little bit different than what I expected.  I won't go into too much detail, but I think I will enjoy lab, especially as I get more used to being there and more comfortable with the dissection.  

After lab, many of us mentioned that we were rather hungry.  I'm told the formaldehyde will do that to people.  So, on the way home, Shirin and I stopped at Christopher's Bar and Grill in Porter Square and had a bowl of Clam Chowdah.  It was SO tasty and definitely met my expectations.  We were both pleased with the choice and decided we'd go back to that restaurant for more of a meal some time.  :)  We sat outside and the umbrellas over the tables had Sierra Nevada Brewing Company logos on them!  Thought of you, Stephen!   


I definitely was enjoying the chowdah!

Shirin giving her chowdah a thumbs up!

Here's to you little bro!

2 comments:

  1. had some extra time at work tonight. first time i have had a chance to read your blog. read them all and it seems that you are having a great time. looking forward to visiting you at some point. been busy doing wedding stuff. one more dance lesson this weekend. mom and dad are coming. kind of nervous that i will mess up the dance when it counts. looking forward to seeing you in a week. signed loan docs today hopefully get the keys soon. love you! keep working hard. proud of you and all that you have and will accomplish.

    nathan

    ReplyDelete