Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mail Time

Some of you know that receiving personal mail is one of my favorite things (aka brown paper packages tied up with strings). :) Speaking of which, I watched The Sound of Music the other night and fully enjoyed it. In the past month, I have received two wonderful packages sent with a lot of love. The first one was a Valentine's Day package from my parentals. There were all kinds of items inside this box and as I was unwrapping and unveiling the goods, I realized that most of these wonderful gifts were things that were taken from my room at home. However, they were just as enjoyable, if not more so, to receive in a care package. I was able to enjoy these things all over again and gain a new appreciation for my old items. Just goes to show how I don't need anything new and exciting to enjoy care packages; I just need the love from the care packages to enjoy the special packages I receive in the mail. Thanks Mom and Dad!!! :)

Another lovely package I received in the mail was from my grandparentals. I was only expecting socks, but I sure was surprised to find some extra goodies inside the box. :) Since I'm not able to go shopping at Grandma's anymore because I live 3,000 miles away, she was still able to help me and shop for me a bit! :) Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! (and Uncle Tom for sending the box of goods!) Also, the Valentine's Day card was so lovely and such a delight to receive and read! :)

I love mail. :) And I love those who send me mail (or have sent me mail).

No comments:

Post a Comment