Sunday, March 14, 2010

Down Jacket

This morning, I woke up to rain and a little bit of cold in the air. I actually fell asleep to rain too. So, it has been raining for quite some time now, and it doesn't look like it will be stopping anytime soon. While I was getting ready to go to church, I decided to wear my down jacket because it's "waterproof" and would keep me warm. Well, I learned that it isn't waterproof and my jacket was SOAKED after being outside for just five minutes. I got to church and everything was okay. I was a bit wet and my clothes weren't visibly wet, but they were sticking to me a little bit. Then, after church, I had to face the storm again. I was meeting Hannah and Shirin to go shopping, but by the time I got to the store, I was soaked through and through and my coat was dripping wet! (even after standing in the store for 15-20 minutes) After deciding I didn't want to be trying clothes on with my own clothes being wet and gross, I decided to return home and get dry. When I got home and took off my jacket, I found my shirt was now visibly wet and my jeans were soaked as well. My shoes kept my feet pretty dry, which was fabulous. Only if my jacket was able to keep the rest of me dry. Oh well. I suppose down jackets are supposed to be used for a lot of cold and maybe a little wet rather than for a lot of wet and a little cold. We will probably have had at least a foot of rain by the time it finally ceases, but we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment