Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Vacation is Over

Vacation, vacation, vacation. It was so nice to be on vacation. And, apparently, when I go on vacation from school, I go on vacation from everything! Well, maybe not everything, but at least blogging. Being at home and in California was really nice. Family time, boating, friends, wedding, more friends, birthday, eating food I didn't have to prepare or pay for...thanks mom and dad!!! :) I got home on my dad's BIRTHDAY and my grandparents came over that night for a birthday dinner, which was delicious and they brought slides from back in the day while my dad was growing up, which was fun to see! We saw pictures of him as a wee little one and the different homes they lived in and the one they built in the different stages of building. It was fun for me and Stephen, and my mom, to learn a bit about my dad's younger years and fun for my grandparents, and probably my dad too, to reminisce a bit. After some time down memory lane, or learning lane, some family friends came over and semi-surprised my dad for birthday dessert. I'm not sure if he was surprised at all...I think he may have known, or at least suspected, people were coming. And, then there was dessert...home-made ice cream without, what was it mom? sugar? Yes...I believe it was sugarless home-made ice cream. Not as yummy as I was anticipating and then I left without a second batch of ice cream being made. Maybe in December. Home-made ice cream for Christmas?! Maybe we can put red food coloring in it and have red vanilla ice cream.

The next day was my roommate's WEDDING!!! Katie and Doster were married in the Heather Farm Rose garden and it was gorgeous! It was a warm evening, but everybody and the setting was incredible. It was so good to see my roommates and have some crazy roommate wedding fun! But then, the night came to an end too quickly and they all had to go back to San Luis. So fun, but way too short. Oh yes...I caught the bouquet at the wedding reception too. Hmmm....I wonder.

A couple days of relaxing, soaking up the sun and warm weather....it was pretty great and felt like what summer is supposed to be. Then, a couple days later, it was off to Angel's Camp! My family and a few friends have gone a few times and all I've experienced of these summer trips are the stories they come back with. I've been in summer school when they have gone before, but not this time! It was so fun to be with everyone and experience the Angel's Camp trip. Twelve families, plus Cari came!!! It was a crowd of people, but a great crowd! Boating, SUN, water, warm weather, friends, family, sun, it was such a great and relaxing weekend. And, it was so nice to be able to go on vacation without homework. It is so much more relaxing than when I have homework to think about.

We came back from Angel's Camp on Sunday, and then Stephen packed up all his belongings and on Tuesday, it was off to Chico! We went up and helped him move into his apartment and to see where he's living this year and all that jazz. It was a great couple, last days with Stephen and my parents before leaving him for his second year of college. Then, it was off to home, once again, to spend one final week in Clayton before returning to Boston. The end of the week consisted of one wonderful afternoon with Julie shopping at Target and Barnes and Noble and spending time with each other, catching up and an exciting afternoon with Jessica baking fancy rose-colored and -flavored fancy cupcakes with edible flowers and raspberries on top. Except...the edible flowers weren't really edible, but we ate them anyway. We're still alive! I suppose they were just sugar-coasted rose petals. Jessica and I enjoyed them, but I can't say the same for my parents. Hmmm....oh well; they were pretty! After eating a scrumptious hamburger at Fuddrucker's, we parted ways and I went home.

Oh yes...that week, Uncle Tom, Aunt Stephanie, and cousin Amy stayed with us, which was great fun! Fun for them to be around, especially since I would have been the only child around if they weren't there. :) I love my parents, but I also love the hustle and bustle of a household full of people! They cleaned Amy's new house and moved her all in that week and left Monday. Then, it was just my parents and me for the final two days before I flew across the country. We packed a lunch and went to watch and listen to a friend, Kevin Toqe, play outside for a bit, which was really enjoyable. After the lunch and outdoor, sunny concert, we saw Julie and Julia, which was alright. It was cute, but not my favorite movie. I'd say it's a rental. :) I was able to see my grandparents one more time before I left too, which was a really special time to talk and see their fun, meaningful items in their home that they have had for many, many years and hearing the stories as to how these items were obtained. So interesting!

Then, I had to pack all my belongings up and head to the airport Wednesday, the 26th of August. Definitely a ton easier leaving this time, but it was hard to leave the warm sunshine. Okay, I suppose it might have been sad to leave my parents too. Well, now I'm back in Boston and for the last week, I have been able to hang out a bit, but have spent quite the time packing up and moving and starting school and buying a bed and who knows what else. It's been interesting, yet fun. And although I'm not totally ready to begin this fall semester, I am looking forward to the semester and all that we will be learning. It will be difficult, but the New England fall weather is what I am looking forward to most during the next couple months!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment