Thursday, September 10, 2009

Recent Weather and More

So, I wanted to make mention of what the weather has been like recently. I have been sure to make note of how much it has rained over the summer months, but now it has been so nice and beautiful for the past couple weeks. It hasn't rained since I've been back after summer. Well, maybe it rained once or twice right when I got back, but I don't remember. Although it hasn't been super hot, like I've heard it's been in California, and I've been wearing jeans most days, I am thoroughly enjoying the sunny weather. And, with that said....I believe it's supposed to rain tomorrow and this weekend. There is a storm that's supposed to be coming through soon, but we shall see.

One of my roommate's friends came and visited last weekend, which was pretty fun! Hannah and her friend walked around and did some sight seeing and Sunday we tried to go on the Duck Tour, but it was sold out. Once again, my attempt to go on a Duck Tour failed. So, instead we went to the top of the Prudential Center to go on the AirWalk tour. What an incredible view of the city! Oh my goodness...you could see everything and there was a little audio piece that would tell us what we were looking at through each window. It was a beautiful day and we saw all kinds of things. Different areas of Boston, the ocean and the islands, Fenway Park from above, and so much more! I also learned little tidbits about the city from the narrating man, who made a few comments about the Boston-New York rivalry. I new, obviously, it existed, but it's pretty intense. What a gorgeous view and so worth the $12 I paid to go to the top of the building. I'm excited to go back again in the fall when the trees change colors...it will be even more incredible. Cari...get ready, that is a trip we must take. And, hopefully the trees will be all different colors at that time too!

Today, in class, we learned and practiced a few different massage techniques, which are pretty incredible. It's quite fun to go to class and massage each other for an hour or more. And, there is so much to discover under the skin; it's rather exciting. Today was practicing our Swedish massage techniques that we probably won't be using a lot, but it's kinda fun to know and it gives us practice to feel everything under the skin as well.

Our furniture came today!!! I am very excited about my new desk, except that it's humungous! It is so large and takes up so much room, but it does give me a nice large area to spread out for studying purposes, which will be great for me. My dresser also came today. However, the directions to put it all together seem to be missing. Therefore, I was unable to assemble it tonight because I don't know what to do at all. I know what it's supposed to look like at the end, but without the step-by-step guide, I don't think I can make it look like the pictures I have seen. Fortunately, I was talking with one of my classmates today and it turns out that she got the same dresser as I did and she assembled it the other night. So, she's bringing me her directions tomorrow, meaning I'll have a dresser tomorrow night and I can get everything situated! I am so excited and then, I will be delving into my books this weekend. Such an exciting few days ahead of me. The rain will make it easier to study for sure. So, I'm kind of hoping it does rain this weekend. Oh yes...more furniture. Our couches came as well, so we have seating in our living room, which is so great. So much more comfortable than the hardwood floor and the rug we got is so soft! We are almost done with furniture. We need a small coffee table of some sort and a television stand and some more shelving or storage of some sort for the kitchen. Oh yeah, and a dining table and maybe some chairs to go with that. Other than that, I think we're pretty much all set to go!

Alright...that is all for now and it's off to bed I go...after moving all the pieces of my dresser off my bed. So sad...silly missing directions.


1 comment:

  1. Can you massage me next? Haha! ;) That's awesome that you're learning all these cool things, Janelle. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete