Monday, August 16, 2010

The second half of June

I returned to Boston later than I had expected due to airplane issues...surprise, surprise, right? I was supposed to leave SFO Tuesday night sometime, maybe 11 pm? Well, the plane I had boarded was overbooked and they asked for volunteers to come off and leave on a later plane. Well, that later plane was 6 am Wednesday morning. So, I (so kindly) volunteered to get off the plane and the airline put me up in some hotel for the night...well, it was really only 4 hours maybe, considering I had to be back at the airport at 5 or so the next morning and I think I finally got to the hotel at 12 or 1 am? Anyhow....I got a free (or almost free) flight out of it...as long as I know where I put my voucher. Hmmm......I hope I find it when I move! :) So, I returned to Boston Wednesday night and had a little bit of roommate time. Then, Thursday night, I had the opportunity to go to the Foundation of Physical Therapy dinner. It was quite the event and a bit extravagant for my taste. It was a very nice evening. However, I did feel like nobody was really paying attention to what was going on when the MC was going through all they had planned out for the night. Also, it was the same night as the NBA Championship finals, which people were all caught up in. After all, Boston was playing the Lakers. I left the dinner a bit earlier than most people and came home to watch Boston lose....sorry Boston fans!

Then, that weekend, we had some fun roommate tennis attempts, which worked out not too bad! We were all equally as terrible, so it was a perfect match! :) I also had a whole car fiasco weekend, which continues today, BUT I have a car for which I am thankful for and trusting the Lord as the pieces continue to unfold. I eventually made it up to Maine and began my clinical experience Tuesday, June 22. I spent one week in the clinic and then my parents came to Boston that second week. While my parents went frolicking and flittering around Boston seeing all that there is to see and experiencing the fun sights of Boston, I was (stuck) in Maine, unable to see them after work/clinic. But, alas, thankfully I have Fridays off this summer and Thursday night came when I drove down to Boston after clinic. I was once again reunited with my parents this summer. Except, this time, we were on the east coast. Well, that Thursday was July 1, so I suppose this post is now complete.

Stay tuned for the fun adventures and happenings of my life in July! :) And, maybe I'll post some pictures one of these days too....

No comments:

Post a Comment