Sunday, August 15, 2010

The first half of June...my time in CA

May was a busy month, but so was June! After our classes ended and the wedding festivities, my roommates went off to work in the clinic and I had 3 weeks to wait for my turn to start in the clinic. So, I took a trip up to Maine to move a few things before moving for the summer. Then, I got to go home to CA for two and a half weeks, which was SO good, but left me wishing for more of a CA (real) summer, especially when I got back to the east coast. Time at home was short, but fun. I got to take a trip to downtown Palo Alto (which we were so pleasantly surprised with the food at University Cafe) for lunch and then we walked around Stanford for a bit. And the best part about it, we started at Walnut Creek bart and took bart and caltrain down on our little adventure, giving us the chance to talk and catch up the whole ride, without having to worry about what the next turn was or where to get off the freeway...just as long as we knew when to get off caltrain (bart we took to the end of the line). Then, my mom, Stephen, Cari, and I took a day to explore the city (of San Francisco). We were originally going to go to the Walt Disney Museum, but when we got there, we found out that it is closed on Tuesdays, which was unfortunate for us because we went on a Tuesday. Anyhow, we drove down and walked around the Golden Gate bridge and then we drove through Golden Gate park, which is a really nice park (I had no idea!). We also drove up and around west of the Golden Gate and around the super nice neighborhoods and homes and whatnot, getting a beautiful view of the bridge from the ocean side. So, our Walt Disney Museum trip was not successful, but our San Francisco trip most definitely was and it was really nice to do something other than go to Pier 39. Oh, and we ended at Ghirardelli Square with some yummy ice cream too-it was SO creamy!!! (I had forgotten!)

During my time at home, I also had a special opportunity to spend some time with my dear friend Julie, which was so good catching up and having some face-to-face time together. We went to BJ's for dinner, and of course had to have a pazookie! Then, we had a little sleepover with some more chit-chatting and some slumbering...she did have to work in the morning. :) When she left for work, I left for home. However, she lives five minutes from my grandparents, so I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to stop by for a bit to spend some time just my grandparents and me. They weren't home when I got there, so I just waited for a bit on their back deck and spent the morning-afternoon with them, which was so special as well! It makes me wish I could see them more often and spend that quality time face-to-face with them more than twice a year, but I suppose I'll take advantage of what I can get and enjoy the time I have with them to the fullest! To finish up my time at home for the summer, we had a family dinner with everyone (except Cari...) and homemade ice cream--so delicious! Went on a little shopping spree with my mom (thanks for the clothes and shoes...I use them all the time!) and we also went on a little hike up and around Mt. Diablo, which was a lot of fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment