Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Month of May

After returning from Finland, I went to see my last play as part of my season pass. It was titled, August: Osage County. I don't recommend it. It was a strange play and the family had some issues going on that I didn't find all that engaging nor entertaining. Then, I had two weeks of classes learning about learning (and teaching) and some different exercises that we could use while out on clinic. The first week was a four-day week and then I took a trip up to Maine to look for housing on that Friday. Saw a few different places, some I would never want anyone to live in and I was able to choose the best option for me at that time! Had a second full week of class, during which both my Grandpa and Grandma celebrated their birthdays!!! (Happy Birthday you two!!!) Then, that last week of May, I had a day of review and then a day of testing for my classes. I was able to take my test on the first day of testing (out of the three needed for everyone in my class to be tested) and then I took a bus down to New York that Wednesday, the day after I took my final. Vilma, another Finnish cousin, had spent the prior five months maybe (?) in CA doing a study abroad program and she was able to meet my whole family, except for me. Before returning to Finland, she and her friend Aliisa stopped in New York for about a week to explore and be in NYC. So, I took a bus down there and was able to meet up with both of them and explore some of New York with them. How fun was it to meet Vilma, someone I had only heard about from my parents and family who had been spending time with her! I was able to stay with a childhood friend, Christina, who has been living in NYC for the last year (and has just recently moved back to CA). So, it was good to see Christina again, meet Vilma, and see NYC all in one trip! It was a good time and definitely worth the trip! To finish out May, I went to my friend's wedding the day after I got back from New York! What a beautiful bride Emily was and such a fun group of people to celebrate with them! :) It was a very special day and I am so excited for her! She is a classmate and a friend, and I can't wait to see her again in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment