Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Killington, VT and Valentine's Day

So, last Wednesday was the snowday in which school was cancelled because of all the expected snow. However, no snow actually came. Therefore, it was a snowday with no snow. I'm not complaining though! It sure was nice to have the unexpected day off. However, now we will be having class this Friday to make up for it. There goes our Friday off! Anyhow, after our test last Friday, which went alright, my roommates and I had a dinner party that night. We had all kinds of food and fun and friends as we talked, hung out, and watched the opening ceremonies for the winter olympics. It was a lot of fun, but I had started to get a little sick the day or two before and had a hoarse voice, making it a bit difficult to talk to people, but it was still fun. :)

The next morning, we (Shirin and I) woke up at 4:30 am so go up to Killington, Vermont to go skiing. We went with a few of our friends/classmates and although it was an early morning, it was worth it and we had a lot of fun. We took our third lesson and I felt like I was able to learn more this time as we got more skiing in during the morning lesson. There was a total of six of us who went and we had a really nice time. We came back and I didn't feel any better or worse than before we went, so I thought that going while sick didn't make much of a difference. I did bundle up!

We had Monday off from school since it was President's Day, which was nice and relaxing. My throat was hurting more that day, so I didn't do too much but stay around the house resting and studying a little bit. I did start to lose my voice Monday, and now, I can't talk much louder than a whisper. My voice isn't necessarily the loudest to begin with, so talking only at a whisper makes it really hard for people to hear me. Oh well...hopefully it'll come back soon!

Oh yes...Valentine's Day!!! I had two valentines this year...Shirin and Hannah! :) We had a very nice dinner at a restaurant down the street from us called Tasca. There was a three course meal and I had a lobster bisque appetizer with a prime rib entree and a chocolate and caramel cheesecake dessert. It was quite the meal! And, the cheesecake was even pretty good. Most of you know that I don't care for cheesecake all that much, but this one was lighter and fluffier than normal cheesecakes, so it was easier to eat and rather tasty! It was a very enjoyable Valentine's dinner date and so scrumptious! :) What did you do for Valentine's day?

Now...back to studying for my test on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment