Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day!!!

Today is our first snow day, and my first snow day ever! :) School is closed, so that means I got to sleep in a bit today and can stay at home and study instead of go to class all day. Praise the Lord! I've been feeling a bit sick the last few days, so I'm especially thankful for the day off.

I went to the Women's Retreat through church last weekend, which was pretty good. The theme was walking in God's Beauty, which was a good reminder of how beautiful God is in a majestic way, but also in a pleasing, delightful, and joy-to-be-around way. It was only Friday night and Saturday, but so good to "get away" for a night and be refreshed in the Lord. But, I'm pretty sure that is where I became sick, so that's a bit unfortunate. (But it was worth it.)

Tests are starting to come up (Neuroscience this Friday) and then one a week for the next four weeks, and then we get a week off for spring break! Oh, right....something I wanted to share with you...schools here have a "ski week" in which they get a week off of school in February to go skiing (or I suppose do whatever they want). New to me! Why doesn't California give a hiking week, or a surfing week (because as we all know, everyone in California surfs), or some other kind of week? Maybe it's because there are no real seasons and we can do anything pretty much year round. Maybe schools near Tahoe get a ski week.

Dreamgirls last week was really good. The cast did a tremendous job and each person had such a strong voice, making the vocals incredible! It made the show really enjoyable, and it was much better than the movie, so it was a good night. :) Alright, that's all for now; time to go study!!!

1 comment:

  1. So, I recently found out that my cousins in Marin County get a ski week.... so strange! And the nearest snow is several hours away in Tahoe. I like your idea of a hiking week :)

    ReplyDelete