Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to every mother out there...I hope your day was blessed and you felt honored and loved in some way during your day! But, a special happy mother's day to my mother! I love you mom and am glad we've been able to spend some time together more recently--I have thoroughly enjoyed it! We went to Ladies Day Away at church yesterday together, which was great! The theme was "Shopping for Time" which is the title of a book (by Carolyn Mahoney) that I suppose was the inspiration for the day. It was a very enjoyable day as well as challenging to me in how I spend my time. I have a few action plans that I will be trying to implement in the coming weeks, before leaving for Boston, to try to establish a little bit of a routine before I move. The most challenging action plan will be waking up early, which is a relevant term. Early for me is very different from early for other people, especially right now since I don't have school or work at any time in the morning (or really ever for that matter, except for Thursday nights). Also, early can be simply: earlier than usual. I want to be more diligent and purposeful with my time, and I think by waking up earlier than I have been, I will be more productive throughout the day and be more deliberate in everything I do. Setting our priorities was another challenge that grabbed my attention as well. By setting priorities, I will be able to work towards a goal throughout my days to grow in godliness or love my family or fellowship with Christians or attend to my work or care for my physical body or serve in church, just to name a few priorities that were suggested during the day yesterday. It was a lovely day and to spend some time with my mom and other women in the church was such a blessing! I love women's ministries events. Women are so adorable! :) And, although you probably won't read this until three weeks or so from now....Happy Mother's Day Mom, I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment