Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's Been a While

For those who check in regularly, there's been nothing new in over 3 months! Oopsies! It's not that I don't want you to be "in the know" about my life, I promise. I wish I could remember all the exciting things from April 1, but I'll try to hit the highlights. Let's start with EASTER! April 4 was Easter, when we celebrated Christ's resurrection! He is Risen; He is Risen, indeed! I went to church in the morning, and then I went with Hannah and Shirin (roommates) to our friend and classmate's (Vanessa) home and had Easter dinner and afternoon with her family. It was so wonderful to get out of Boston for a bit and spend some time in a home with a family. It was a wonderful afternoon, and included some (not so wonderful) mosquitoes.

NEXT: BERKLEE SHOWCASE (April 15, 2010)
Berklee is a music college in Boston and at the end of the year, there is a showcase with maybe 10 of the top musicians at the school where they have the opportunity to showcase some of what they have been working on recently. One of my friend's (and classmates: Cecilia) friend works at the box office at Berklee and he was able to get cheap tickets for us to this showcase. We sat in the 2nd or 3rd row and it was a very fun evening. We went out to dinner beforehand and then the show was very enjoyable and we saw some very talented vocalists (and musicians).

NEXT: FINALS WEEK (April 21-26, 2010)
Don't really remember too much about this week, except there was a lot of studying going on and I passed everything. One more semester down, one less to go, and one more closer to graduation/taking the boards/and becoming a licensed physical therapist. That's all about that!

NEXT: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN (April 23, 2010)
As part of my "Broadway across America" package deal, Young Frankenstein was one of the plays I went to with my friends. Suzie, who I have been going to all the plays with, was out of town this Friday night, so she saw the play a few days before me and Neil (roommate and other play goer) didn't want to attend this play, so he gave his ticket to Shirin (other roommate). It was HILARIOUS! Maybe it was because it was towards the end of finals and there were songs like "The Brain" that we can relate our nerdiness/learning to, but there were many parts of this play that made us laugh. I wasn't expecting much from this play, but was pleasantly surprised when I enjoyed it. :)

NEXT: FINLAND (April 26-May 8, 2010)
WOW!!! What a 2-week trip this was! And, there is SO much to say about it! It definitely deserves a post of its own.

That's it for April! I'll do one month at a time and catch the blogging world up on my life soon enough! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment